Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
~Roy

Default Stuck bridgeport knee

Agree with Polymer man..... the gib is holding it.

............On 7 May 2006 13:15:05 -0700, "Polymer Man"

Hey folks I picked up an old bridgeport the other day for a good price
because the knee is stuck.

snip

I'll bet the answer to your problem will be loosening the gib and
getting it out. There may be two gib adjusting screws, one on the big
side, and one on the small side. If so, take the one on the big side
out, put it into the small side, and push it out. If there are no
screws on either side you need to use a hammer and a drift punch an
knock the gib out from the small side.

"The original frugal ponder.."Since my statements are
given freely, take em or leave em, I am entitled to
my opinion none the less. My opinion and $1 is still
only worth $1.....