Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Stuck bridgeport knee

Hey folks I picked up an old bridgeport the other day for a good price
because the knee is stuck. I took the table off and did a little looking
around, it turns out the the knee nut had twisted off the pedestal causing
the knee crank to free spin. The previous owner try so hard to crank the
knee after it had stuck they broke off the very top portion of the
pedestal, that's not my major concern at this point. My big problem is
breaking free the knee. The knee gib adjusting screw is missing and it
looks like the top portion of the gibe is missing so I can't adjust the
gib.

I've tried to jack up the knee to loosing it and I've tried downward
pressure as well. I've got liquid wrench on all the parts and ways hoping
it will soak in and loosing up the components. If anyone has any
suggestions I'd be grateful for the help.

Thanks

--
Jack Fisher