Posted to alt.machines.cnc,misc.survivalism,rec.crafts.metalworking
tillius

Default OT - Winger with gun

Hawke wrote:
"tillius" wrote in message
oups.com...

Hawke wrote:
"Cliff" wrote in message
On 5 May 2006 14:29:46 GMT, D Murphy wrote:

Cliff wrote in
4ax.com:

"Invasion"? Castro invaded Cuba?

Yup.

The boat was named Granma or something like that. You should do a

little
reading about him if you're interested. Batista had let Castro out of
prison early, on his earlier conviction of attempting to overthrow

the
government. Castro lived in various places afterward including the

U.S.
and
Mexico, all the while trying to get money and buy arms to fund his
revolution. His bunch also had professional military training and had

plan. Unlike the Cuban military, which was largely youngsters with

little
formal training or equipment. Most fled at the first sounds of gun

fire.

Sounds just like the CIA & the Bay of Pigs ....

What makes me laugh is the revisionist history that makes life in Cuba

under
Batista sound like a paradise for the Cuban people. Who is he kidding.

Cuba
was always one of the poorest places in this part of the world. Any

success
and wealth was strictly limited to the upper class that was associated

with
Batista. Everybody else was dirt poor and got nothing from the

government.
It was a lot like Mexico, which has over 40% in poverty and a large

number
of billionaires, only worse. Castro is no angel, that's for sure. But

the
lives of average Cubans are far better under his dictatorship than

Batistas.
Unfortunately, a dictatorship is still a dictatorship, and things could

be a
lot better there. Especially if the US wasn't continuing to wage an

economic
war against it.

Hawke

And now we have the classic lib-tard flip-flop. Get used to it folks,
it's all you'll be seeing from the Demoncrap hopefulls as the
congressional elections draw closer.

Till

And from the republicans will come the line that they really have done a
very good job running things. We're all just not too bright for not knowing
it. They'll do even better next time if we keep giving them one more chance.
I don't know about anyone else but I've had enough of this level of
incompetence.

If it wasn't for 9/11 Bush's record would be 0 for everything. Add his
latest goof up to the list, putting Porter Goss in charge of the CIA. He
didn't even last 2 years. Bush and the republicans have done absolutely
everything wrong since taking over. I'd vote for Alfred E. Neuman over any
republican. At least I would know I voted for the smarter candidate, the
more honest one too.

Hawke

Notice no denial of the leftist agenda?
Notice no real solutions being offered?