Posted to uk.d-i-y,sci.chem,uk.food+drink.misc
David Hansen

Default Safe to drink boiled water from hot tap?

On Sat, 06 May 2006 13:37:02 +0200 someone who may be Mxsmanic
wrote this:-

Where do you think these very high levels of iron will come from?

Iron in surfaces that are in contact with the water.

Iron surfaces in contact with water that will be drunk from the hot
tap. Hmmmm. Can't think of that many in UK plumbing, other then any
old-fashioned direct hot water systems (including the ones with the
old square hot water tanks). I imagine there are a few of these left
in the UK, but not many.

If the water in my water heater stands for a long period, it looks a
bit rusty the next time I take water from it,

And what sort of heater is that?

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh