Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Prometheus

Default Jet mini opinions: VS or not?

On Sun, 07 May 2006 07:39:12 -0700, mac davis
wrote:

wow.. they really have gone up!
My mini is a year or 2 old and was $225 on Amazon!

(We saw one at woodcrafters for $300 with a "free" chuck...)

IIRC, you got your mini about the same time I got my midi (I think it
was two years ago), and the Delta's price hasn't changed noticably- I
think you just got a good deal at the time. I paid something in the
$260 range for a display model that was discounted from $300 or so,
and that was without the VS.

New ball game, now... after spending Friday and Saturday in my shop, he wants a
12" or 14" Jet VS... and a vacuum chuck....lol