Posted to rec.woodworking
monkeydave

Default Drill chuck for Radial Arm Saw

Tyke Wrote:
Sears has a special part for this. I purchased one years ago. Maybe I
can
find it, if I can I would be happy to send it to you, since once I
found out
the RAS motor does not rotate fast enough for routing, I ended up
putting
this away to gather dust.

I think my RAS motor speed is around 3400 rpm. I would not attempt to
use a
router below 10,000 rpm.

I recall a feature of a competitor was a much faster motor speed which
would
enable using this for practical routing.

Dave Paine.

"willshak" wrote in message
I have an old Craftsman 10" Radial Arm saw. I want to get a drill
chuck
that will screw onto the threaded shaft that the saw blades are
attached
to. I guess it is 5/8" diameter. I only want to attach router bits.
Does
anyone know what chuck I should be looking for? I'm just an
occasional
woodworker, so I don't need a high end chuck.
Excuse any incorrect nomenclature. I call everything
"whatchamacallits"

--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

I used the 1/2 in. chuck off my DeWalt 18 volt drill.

--
monkeydave