Alan Moore

Default I guess I'm part of the problem

On Mon, 17 Nov 2003 21:54:33 -0500, "Tom Gardner"
wrote:

Your industry has it's own stupid rules that hog-tie people with synapses
that still fire. I have heard that you can't make simple, logical
improvements to a system without masive re-quallifying expences. "Oh no, we
can't use that chip with a higher heat rating even though it's exactly the
same part and will cure the problem forever." Cheaper is not always
cheaper...is it.

snip

The theory we operate under is that we make one work, then make the
rest just like that one, because no one really knows how to predict
all the consequences of any change -- not that we don't actually make
plenty of changes...

And yes, we start with "cutting edge" technology in the hopes that we
can still find the stuff which will be hopelessly obsolete by the end
of the program.

Al Moore