Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Don Murray

Default Hoist Davit is Complete!

Steve B wrote:

Again, as I say, I doubt the thing will ever have 100# on it, but I just
like being triple sure when something can come down and do brain damage.

Steve

Steve
You did not say what kind of lifting device you plan to use. If you
plan to use a rope and one pulley at the top to lift 21 gallons of
water, it will need to be good for over 350 lb. If you have water at 168
lb. on one side of the rope, you will need to put more than 168lb.+ 10%
for pulley loss on the other side of the rope to get it to move. So you
will have more than 352.8 lb. on everything from the pulley up. For 50#
of groceries it will be 105 lb.
Don