Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.components,sci.chem.electrochem.battery,uk.d-i-y
raden

Default Capacity of various Duracell AA cells?

In message , "Dave Plowman (News)"
writes
In article ,
Dave Fawthrop wrote:
Until Alkaline battery manufacturers state the Ampere hour capacity on
each battery, I will believe that they are all the same and buy the
cheapest available.

One place I work at spends many thousands a year on alkaline cells for
radio mics, etc.

Duracell *Procell* seems to be consistently the best value when bought in
bulk. Shops will often charge up to four times the price of a Procell for
a gold top but they certainly don't last appreciably longer.

Thing to be vary of is cells sold at car boot sales, etc. They may be
forgeries or well past their sell by date. And often poor value.

So how do GP super Alkaline compare ?

I buy them in boxes of 40 from CPC

more megawatt hours / buck IMHO

--