Posted to alt.home.repair
mm

Default Microwave Won't Cycle On/Off

On 6 May 2006 10:25:16 -0700, wrote:

That's a neat trick with the AM radio. I wonder if I still own one...

How could you listen to AM stations without an AM radio?

The wife reported that she usually heats her water up to 1.5 minutes
and that lately it seems to get alot hotter. This is at "high," that
is why I asked if there was cycling on high, then a no cycle condition
(stuck relay) would explain it. If there is normally no cycling on
high, which I guess is how these things are made, the only explanation
could be that the magnetron is putting out more energy than before, is
this possible?

Maybe. You should contact the Department of Energy. They may be able
to make more of these devices and help solve the energy shortage.

You never said if you can use other power levels to get less power.
If I were you I would find a factor by which either to reduce the time
or reduce the power level, and run with that until the whole thing
fails.

I have had problems in the past with blown fuses, but
replacing them gets the unit working again. Also, some mugs seem to
get real hot, which I am guessing translates in hotter water given the
same cook time.