Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Miller

Default A Day Without an Illegal Immigrant

In article Dx87g.133246$7a.73639@pd7tw1no, "Noozer" wrote:

Entering the United States, or any nation, is a privilege, not a universal
right. Any nation has the right to control who it allows to come in, and
who
it decides to keep out.

Not to detract from the current discussion... but...

Actually, this is *very* pertinent to the present discussion.

I'm a Canadian. I would *LOVE* to move to the US, become a citizen, pay
taxes, etc. Doing so is pretty much impossible, unless I want to spend years
going to school. Canadians can't even participate in the VISA lottery.

That's the other side of the immigration problem: the U.S. makes it WAY too
hard to come here LEGALLY. Your situation is pretty similar to that of a
friend of mine who came here (legally) from Poland about six years ago, along
with his wife. They're employed (legally) in professional jobs, speak English,
pay taxes, have valid driver's licenses and auto insurance, have never
committed any sort of crime, and want to remain here and eventually become
citizens. But every couple years, they have to go through an extended
rigmarole to get their work visas extended, and they never know if they're
going to be allowed to stay here.

So why the hell does our government make it so hard for people like them, and
you, to come and stay? That makes NO sense.

Considering that my wife and I earn over $100,000/year, I doubt we'd be any
burden.

I shouldn't think so. :-) So how come we keep you out, and let unskilled
workers in? Should be the other way around in my mind...

--
Regards,