Posted to alt.home.repair
George

Default A Day Without an Illegal Immigrant

Joseph Meehan wrote:
George wrote:

Joseph Meehan wrote:

You can't get a driver's
license
without an SSN.

That I know is not true today.

Drivers licenses have become a national ID card. All of the states
must get your SSN before they will issue or renew a license.

Funny thing. Mine does not have an SSN and the last time I got it
renewed, no one asked. In fact I can't remember any time they asked. I got
my license when I was 16 years old and I did not get a SSN for a year after
that.

Mine is the newer uniform national ID card style and doesn't have the
SSN printed on it either. When the national ID card rules kicked in a
few years ago the camera card did have my SSN which I never gave to them.

When you go in for renewal they see your photo from the last time on
their monitor plus it can also flag them to request your SSN card and
other info such as a copy of a rental lease and utility bills.