Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan

Default A Day Without an Illegal Immigrant

Doug Miller wrote:
In article , Robert
Gammon wrote:
Ok, we all accept that the act of crossing the border without
permission is an illegal act.

The question is, what do we do about it?

Change the law so they can enter without the current restrictive limits?

Once here, very very few EVER do anything to hurt anyone or anyone's
property.

Nonsense.

All of us are paying higher auto insurance rates because of the large
number of illegal aliens driving without any insurance. Or
licenses. They bring their third-world driving habits with them, too,
resulting in higher accident rates.

So were is your source of these "facts." They sound like the "facts"
that all Jews are evil, or all blacks are stupid etc. The facts of hate and
fear.

The number that smuggle in drugs, incests (knowingly or
unknowingly), disease, etc. is also quite small.

You must live in a small town.

Your facts please your comment adding nothing of value, other than to
reinforce my thought that you are speaking without knowing the facts.

Drug smuggling is a BIG time business and the small amounts that a
single person could carry across is not worth very much to the folks
that move tons of stuff a year on aircraft and boats.

You haven't thought that one through very far, have you?

Have you. Bringing in red herrings does not help your case.

Sure, one guy can't carry very much on his person. But how much can
he put in
the trunk of his car?

Now multiply that by a couple million times a year.

So again, the question is what do we do about it???

How about outlawing cars?

If they obey the law while they're here, nothing. And that means *all* of
our laws, including having a valid license, registration, and insurance
before driving _one_inch_ on a public road, and paying taxes on their
wages just like the rest of us do. Those that break the law should be
deported the instant we figure out where they came from.

And you are saying you never even once disobeyed a law?

Should we isolate all those who have at one time or another been found
guilt of breaking a law. I suggest we could use New Jersey, most of the
people there would have to go there anyway. ;-)

Nonsense. They're a net *drain* on the economy. Measure the amount of
social services that the illegals consume. Look at the
hospitals in California that are closing because they can't afford to keep
treating people that can't pay, but aren't allowed under
Federal law to turn them away.

Why don't we pack everyone who is a drain on our economy (receiving any
kind of public assistant (like public schools) and send them to some other
country? Maybe we could add them to all the criminals in New Jersey.

I have to really object to that comment. It sounds like a plank in the
Know Nothing party's platform. Had they had there way, likely my
grandparents would not have been allowed to come to the US and they would
have died in Ireland.

Amnesty has a price as it then says OK, we don't care
who comes across our borders.

Right, that's why it's a bad idea. It didn't work in the 1980s, and it
won't work now.

What is your idea of "work." Do you mean keep all those who don't look
like, or think like, or speak like you out?

Joseph Meehan

Dia duit