Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Rodney Pont

Default Home made lamp won't run energy efficient bulb

On 6 May 2006 14:33:01 -0700, wrote:

I made a lamp using an old piece of kit my father in law gave me...
basically it is the bulb holding section of the lamp but with a flange
so you can jam it in a vase or similar to make a lamp...

It will run a standard bulb but not an energy efficient one. Thought
I'd ask a sanity check... I can run downstairs and get clearer details
but wondered if it would be immediately obvious to someone why it would
be so?

Worn out pins not making good contact with the energy efficient lamp??

--
Regards - Rodney Pont