Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Leonard Caillouet

Default glueing black plastic...laptop power jack component

Usually some kind of model glue. You will likely have to reinforce the
plastic. What I do is take a piece of lead trim from a resistor or cap and
lay it on the plastic across the joint and just touch my soldering iron to
it and let it melt into the plastic. Do that on both sides and you will
have a stonger piece than before the break. Just make sure that you are not
placing the support anywhere that it might come in contact with a conductor.

Leonard

"J" nospamplease wrote in message
news
I have a coax laptop power jack that I was able to solder and glue back
together with krazy glue. It broke again. What's the best kind of glue for
the black plastic that these components are made from? Since krazy glue
failed me, I bought some radioshack 'all purpose ashesive'...

Thanks,
-JB