Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.repair,alt.engineering.electrical
g. beat

Default Pace soldering stations?

"DaveC" wrote in message
news.net...
Thus spake g. beat:

Let's see, I own 3 (MBT250, ST20 station, PS90 and PS80 irons and I
repair
them .. yes on the used market - if you know what they are - they are a
great

buy.

Thanks, g.b.. Your comments are hereby added to my d.b. of Pace
experiences.
I'm leaning toward buying this ST45 station. I'll have to buy tips on-line
(I
prefer to be able to dash down to the local electronics supplier when I
need
it *now*), but I guess I'll have to plan ahead a bit...

Thanks again,
--
DaveC

Dave -

Remember that expect for the ST-25 and ST-45, Pace really doe snot target
the hobbyists market - which is really where Weller, the Far East imports
and some Haako models exist.

Oki(Metcal) and Pace are usually seen in the professional work place
(production rework, SMT)
with some Weller and Haako.

The only caution that I would add is this:
The thermoplastic extrusions for the ST-25 / ST-45 or ST-65
are no longer available from Pace.
At that time Pace made the ST-35/ST-55/ST-85 which were the aluminum
extrusion case versions (with ability to mount the power supply base under a
bench-top or bench shelf.

So my only warning is avoid heating / burning the case with hot iron - it
will stay that way.
When I do not deal directly with Pace factory -
I work with Technimark and Chicago area Pace representatives - for parts,
etc.
http://www.technimark-inc.com/

gb