Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Kevin Miller

Default Jet mini opinions: VS or not?

Prometheus wrote:
On Fri, 05 May 2006 09:15:22 -0700, Owen Lowe
wrote:

In article ,
mac davis wrote:

Me too, Owen.. but not only is electronic more expensive, I don't believe it's
an option on the mini..

Mac, I just read another of your replies. If I'm reading right, you're
calling your 14" Jet a "mini" - loosely speaking, your 14" is more of a
midi. The Jet Mini is the 10" swing lathe. The Reeve's drive is used on
your 14" but not the 10" Mini.

Does Jet have a 10" lathe? I looked them up, and they call the 14" a
"mini"- Delta calls it a "midi". They're almost the same machine,
though.

If we're talking about the same beast, I assume the 10" refers to the
swing, and the 14" to the bed length. My Jet mini swings 10, but I've
never paid attention to the distance between the headstock and tailstock
but 14" sounds about right...

....Kevin
--
Kevin Miller