Posted to rec.woodworking
todd

Default OT - Extreme Makeover Home Edition?

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
. com...

"todd" wrote in message
"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message

Last week the Hartford Courant had an article about the cop in Kansas

that
got a new house. A year later, it is still "as seen on TV" but he is
appealing the $4000 property tax bill. These people end up with no
mortgage, but plenty of tax and utility costs.

As if there is some comparison.

We don't know that. The old house may have had a low rate mortgage with
20 years paid and a $100 payment. While I'd gladly pay the 4k taxes with
no mortgage, but, if you are disabled and have minimal income, it could be
difficult. Not to mention doubling of heating or AC, more labor to clean
it, etc.

Considering the house he has, the assessment is probably correct and he
has no gripe, but we just don't know.

Well, it's not like these people are chosen at random by flipping through
the phone book. They are (or should be) fully aware of the parameters
before putting their name in for consideration to be on the show. I suppose
if it's too much of a burden, they could always sell and use the proceeds to
buy a house they can afford.

todd