Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner

Default Bought a "new" transformer on ebay... here's what I got

On Fri, 05 May 2006 23:40:58 -0500, "Martin H. Eastburn"
wrote:

Hate to mention that 'unused' doesn't mean perfect condition.

Consider startup or major company - crunch that production line .... scrap the inventory.

The inventory is sold in large containers - not off the shelves. So transformers
and transistors might get into the same bucket. Maybe a big transformer was dumped in
on top or just the other 100...

What really matters is if it will mount, and function. Can it be used.

If you wanted new in a box - buy NIB.

Martin
[ shopped in many a surplus shop of electrical and electronic and hum - mechanical and machine ]
Martin Eastburn

Martin has also been into my Stacks O Stuff..most of it is NOS..but
little of it is pretty anymore..just fully functional

Gunner

"I think this is because of your belief in biological Marxism.
As a genetic communist you feel that noticing behavioural
patterns relating to race would cause a conflict with your belief
in biological Marxism." Big Pete, famous Usenet Racist