Harold & Susan Vordos

Default I guess I'm part of the problem

"Tom Gardner" wrote in message
snip---

.. I'm still concerned who is going to buy my industrial products
when industry is gone or who is going to buy ANYTHING with a

burger-flipping
income, or who is going to be able to afford burgers?

Exactly!. The concept of higher and higher wages, even for jobs that
can't be sent to China, is going to undo our society unless serious changes
are made, and soon. The very idea that one is guaranteed any given wage
is insane. All that does is encourage deadbeats to continue the course,
never preparing for life, assuming they will be able to get a menial task
job and demand a living wage. Sorry, Charlie, I don't agree, nor do I
feel anyone is owed a living. Can't speak for others, but I've actually
worked for my fortune, such as it is. I fully expect others to do the
same, and to be paid in keeping with the contribution to society, only at
face value, not some inflated one that so many seem to feel they are worth.

It is my opinion that if someone, anyone, can take away your job, it isn't
worth much. Only those with specific training (schooling) and talent
(experience) should be in the position to expect more than minimum pay.
Some how, we have to convey that message to the young folks coming up and
encourage them to get proper training, be it vocational or in pursuit of a
degree from the local college. We have to find a way to make things
equitable, to put value back in service, to accept pay in keeping with the
VALUE. If you have an employee that can't read a tape, where I come from
that's called a trainee, and he should be paid appropriately.

Harold