Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
Matt Kruse

Default Swimming Pool Pump - 2 Questions

wrote:
Because "just hums" also fits the description of it runs, but is not
moving water.

Oh, really? And I suppose that explains the breaker tripping when it
tries to start? Geez!

Well it could be - I don't know enough about motors, unfortunately.

I flip the switch, and it just sits there and hums for 3-4 seconds. Then it
trips the breaker. I repeat this several times, and finally it kicks in.

When it does kick in, it seems like it really "wants" to start, but
something just doesn't flip. Then finally it clicks and boom, it starts
pumping. When it's humming in the beginning it does sound kind of "dry", so
it might be an issue with it not priming, I don't know. I should post an
audio file of what it sounds like when it tries to start

--
Matt Kruse
http://www.JavascriptToolbox.com