Joe

Default Gingery Lathe Bed alternative.

Hi..
I was wondering if anybody had built the Gingery lathe and if they had
used alternative methods for the lathe bed.
Looking at the plans I was wondering if CRS 2"X1/4" square tubing for the
bed would be ok if filled with concrete to absord vibration?
I was thinking just to mount the ways directly to the bed after scraping
with lock nuts inside.
Some have pointed out that if one needs to take apart the ways you
could'nt. But I see no reason to take off the ways if done right and would
probably outlast me..: P
Main thing I am concerned with is would CRS and concrete would absord
vibration and make a good bed?
Thanks in advance..Joe