Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan

Default A Day Without an Illegal Immigrant

Doug Miller wrote:

No, the problem is that we have a vast ocean of people pouring in here,
with no verification at all of who they are, or what they're going to
do when they get here. If they don't have a criminal history, and aren't
going to be a drain on society (i.e. get a legal job
and pay taxes, instead of being on welfare), let 'em come. But we have
to know who they are before we can determine that.

I see fast oceans of people pouring into the shopping mall. I guess we
should start demanding verification that they don't have a criminal history
(forget the part about being innocent before proven guilty)

You're still missing the point. Maybe the guy really hasn't ever committed
a crime -- but without positive identification of who's coming in, YOU
DON'T KNOW THAT.

So you are considering them all guilty until proven otherwise. It
sounds like you live a miserable life suspecting everyone. I guess I just
agree with being innocent until proven guilty and I also believe that people
deserve a second chance. I also believe that all men and women are created
equal no matter where they were born.

You have not provided evidence that undocumented immigrants with
the type of real crimes we worry about.

And you're not paying attention to what's going on around you. It must be
nice to live in such a sheltered world.

Where is your evidence?

--
Joseph Meehan