Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Kanter

Default A Day Without an Illegal Immigrant

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
. com...
In article , "Joseph Meehan"
wrote:
Jim Yanik wrote:...
I note that now many illegals are bringing illegal drugs along with
them to help defray the cost of their being smuggled into the US.
IOW,mules.

Really! So if we were to open the boarders then we could stop this
kind of drug trade.

Think it through...

If we open the borders, then the ones who are now bringing drugs across to
pay
for their passage can just as easily -- probably *more* easily -- continue
bring drugs across, this time to sell, and *keep* the money instead of
having
to give it to the people who smuggle them across.

In other words, open borders = dramatically *increased* incentive to
smuggle
drugs into the country. And dramatically increased *opportunity* to do so.
Regards,

Why are you so focused on drugs? There's little or nothing we can do to stop
them. Where there's demand, someone will appear with a supply. Prohibition
didn't work. Neither does the "war on drugs".