Posted to alt.home.repair
Dan Espen

Default Swimming Pool Pump - 2 Questions

Grumman-581 writes:

On Thu, 04 May 2006 13:35:34 -0400, Dan Espen
wrote:
I'm not sure why you think it necessary to imply other posters
don't even own pools.

Different techniques for different parts of the country, I suspect...

I keep mine covered at night to reduce heat loss.
Not running the pump at night helps too.

You must live up north... I'm in the Houston area and a few years ago,
I had a house that had a pool... During the latter part of the summer,
the water temperature gets into the 90Fs...

Yep, I'm in NJ.
I've been to Houston, the climate was great but I found the flat terrain
a bit unnerving. I suppose you get used to it.

Our pool is in partial shade. It can reach 90F, when I run the heater.
Without that, a peak temperature in most years is 82F.