Posted to rec.woodworking
Edwin Pawlowski

Default OT - Extreme Makeover Home Edition?

"todd" wrote in message
"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message

Last week the Hartford Courant had an article about the cop in Kansas

that
got a new house. A year later, it is still "as seen on TV" but he is
appealing the $4000 property tax bill. These people end up with no
mortgage, but plenty of tax and utility costs.

As if there is some comparison.

We don't know that. The old house may have had a low rate mortgage with 20
years paid and a $100 payment. While I'd gladly pay the 4k taxes with no
mortgage, but, if you are disabled and have minimal income, it could be
difficult. Not to mention doubling of heating or AC, more labor to clean
it, etc.

Considering the house he has, the assessment is probably correct and he has
no gripe, but we just don't know.