Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Mark Main

Default When to use Iscar vs. Aloris?

Coolant through the tool is a prominent feature of CNC machines. Since you do not know about that, chances are pretty good that they amount to a feature you do not need to spend money on.

Thanks, my cutoff work will be manual for quite awhile I think; I just
want to ask while I try and figure out what tools to buy.

I see that Iscar makes other tools; does anyone know how they stack up
against Aloris brand? I ask because I generally read the praises of
Aloris but so far I've only seen people write about Iscar Cutoff blades
and tools, but not their other tools.

I appreciate the help as it's obvious with my simplistic (and sometimes
dumb) questions that I'm learning here.