Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking
Clif Holland

Default Washing machines that are built like commercial machines?

I don't know what you want. My old Sears is 23 years old and does 2-3 loads
a day average. (Teenager in house). I figure it's cost me $20 bucks a year.

--

Clif

"Abe" wrote in message
Such washers are, apparently, made, at least for commercial
laundromats. (which would not fit our room) Is there a consumer
version of that? Where plastic and potmetal is not used for major
parts, and things are built to last "like they used to".
I do not mind paying top dollar for such a thing if it exists.

The three major players in commercial washing machines are Tricity
Bendix, Wascomat, and Speed Queen. Find their sites and look and look
at the modelas available.

My father had Bendix and Wascomat machines in his laundromats. It was
rare for them to break.