Posted to rec.woodworking
Edwin Pawlowski

Default OT - Extreme Makeover Home Edition?

"Lee Gordon" wrote in message
. ..
One somewhat surprising thing I got from that show, however, is that it
would appear that Ty really does take a major role in the design and
construction of his "secret project" room.

Unfortunately, "How'd They Do That?" is about as close as we're likely to
get to seeing what goes on behind the scenes.

First thing they should do is shove that bullhorn up Ty's ass. Damn, he can
be annoying.

I'm sure many of us would be interested is the actual planning, seeing the
Gantt chart that was hanging in one of the trailers, etc. My guess is the
basic construction is a variation of existing plans that the company has
built many times in the past so they know the steps to be taken. Materials
are probably pre-cut and/or pre-fabed when possible. That would allow for
practice runs as that model is built 20 times in a development someplace to
check the feasibility of having three plumbers in the bathroom at the same
time.

Last week the Hartford Courant had an article about the cop in Kansas that
got a new house. A year later, it is still "as seen on TV" but he is
appealing the $4000 property tax bill. These people end up with no
mortgage, but plenty of tax and utility costs.