Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Martin H. Eastburn

Default Bought a "new" transformer on ebay... here's what I got

Hate to mention that 'unused' doesn't mean perfect condition.

Consider startup or major company - crunch that production line .... scrap the inventory.

The inventory is sold in large containers - not off the shelves. So transformers
and transistors might get into the same bucket. Maybe a big transformer was dumped in
on top or just the other 100...

What really matters is if it will mount, and function. Can it be used.

If you wanted new in a box - buy NIB.

Martin
[ shopped in many a surplus shop of electrical and electronic and hum - mechanical and machine ]
Martin Eastburn
NRA LOH & Endowment Member
IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member

Ignoramus22440 wrote:
On Sat, 06 May 2006 01:24:26 GMT, Leo Lichtman wrote:

Iggy, I don't see anything in your original post, or in any of your
going to get you anything--why not ask him for part of your money back--say
half. I know someone who received broken merchandise and actually got a
full refund.

I did write him, and he replied by saying that he would make it right
and asked for a picture. I did send him a picture, but I do not want
to pursue getting a refund on something that works.