Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall

Default Safe to drink boiled water from hot tap?

On Sat, 06 May 2006 00:28:51 +0100, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

David P wrote:
I am in the UK. Is it generally safe to drink BOILED water from the
hot tap?

My hot water comes from a tank or cistern in the loft and this feeds
into a hot water cylinder which is in the house. It doesn't look
wonderful inside that tank in the loft but I reckon if I BOILED the
water then presumably I will kill the germs.

Is there another reason why I should not drink boiled water from the
hot tap?

Its generally safe to drink boiled water from anywhere, apart from the
outflow of a chemical company.

Such as those who add chlorine, fluorides, chemicals to kill
invertebrates,......

--

..andy