Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Yanik

Default A Day Without an Illegal Immigrant

(Doug Miller) wrote in
om:

In article , "Joseph
Meehan" wrote:
Doug Miller wrote:
In article , "Joseph
Meehan" wrote:

Sorry, but I don't think anything I or anyone would say would
get
through to you. Just lock your door and keep the world out.

Try me. You might be surprised.

What is "bad" and "hateful" and "fearful" about wanting to keep
criminals out
of our country? Do you support letting criminals in, without trying
to keep
them out?

Most people who use that line about keeping criminals out, really
mean
that they think that anyone coming from (Fill the name of a country)
or does not speak English with a US accent, or has a different color
skin, is or is likely to be a criminal. They tend to fear that
somehow their culture will be corrupted. That is fear, and hate, and
it is also not true.

Oh, you're a mind reader now?

Look here, pal, don't presume to tell me what I think. I couldn't care
less if the people coming here are a different color from me, or speak
a different language from me -- all I care about is that they come
here *legally*, obey the law, get a job, and raise their kids as
*Americans*. That's why we need some form of control over who gets to
come in: to make sure that we keep out those with a criminal history,
and the chronically unemployed.

And those with communicable diseases or bringing contraband with them.
Or pregnant females who come to have their baby in the US,making it a US
citizen,and allowing her and her family to stay in the US "legally".
I note that now many illegals are bringing illegal drugs along with them to
help defray the cost of their being smuggled into the US. IOW,mules.

How about the next illegal who smuggles in a load of anthrax,ricin or some
other biological nightmare?

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik