Posted to rec.woodworking
MJ

Default OT - Extreme Makeover Home Edition?

Ok. They did a house in our county about 14 or so months ago and
yes, it was done in an entire week! The producers cooperated with the
County
Bldg Dept to get the permits way ahead of time, a design was also done
and all furniture, fixtures, etc were all stockpiled. They worked all
day/night
on the thing and it was a big event. The house was where the daughter
has
a condition that prevents her from being in direct light. The had an
Inspector
onsite for the entire time. The biggest noise that came out of it was
the
that the house was appraised at a tax level MORE (obviously) then the
original house. Here in Calif, we have Prop 13. Your tax level remains
at level
until 1) you change owners or 2) remodel. The family was a bit put out
about
the taxes. Not sure if they got some relief. The show claims that there
is
a loophole for taxes if they RENT the house while the family is out.
Not sure
what got resolved.

But as to the building, yep, they do it in the time they say! Teamwork
and
very, very tight planning. The architect and builder were all assigned
well ahead
of time and plans were approved by the County before the Extreme
Makeover
team arrived.

MJ Wallace