Posted to rec.woodworking
Lee Michaels

Default OT - Extreme Makeover Home Edition?

"ghost" wrote

Several things have bothered me.. no argument that the people they choose
deserve the help, but to go from 'poverty' to 'mansion' in a neighbourhood
of far less value homes.. why not expand the area and spread the funds
around a bit..

Speaking of which.. with the resources available to them, I was surprised
that except for one program, they could have applied their manpower and
resources to alleviate a lot of the gulf coast destruction.

Given their on going efforts to out do themselves with million dollar
mansions, I seldom watch the program anymore..

There is that. And I agree with you.

I used to watch it too. But when it became a game show format where little
if anything was shown as to the actual construction details, it became a lot
less interesting. When it became a manipulative process to make you feel
sorry for the housing "victims, game show winners", I got totally turned
off.

If they really wanted to help these folks, there are a lot better ways to do
it than building a mansion with designer bedrooms.

Afterall, what is the objective here? To build houses or to really help
people? I don't think they know.