Posted to rec.woodworking
todd

Default OT - Extreme Makeover Home Edition?

"Lee Gordon" wrote in message
. ..
snip

Unfortunately, "How'd They Do That?" is about as close as we're likely to
get to seeing what goes on behind the scenes. Anything more revealing
than that (i.e. how many months in advance the preliminary work begins,
how they apply for and receive a building permit in a small town without
the word getting out, how they arrange for a guy to take a week of
vacation without his boss spilling the beans, etc.) would be a little like
pulling away the curtain and revealing the true nature of the Wizard of
Oz.

I can only imagine that they sign their life away when they "apply" to have
their home made over, because having gotten most of the way through a major
home addition, my biggest question is how they get a building permit without
the city talking to the actual owner.

todd