Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Martin H. Eastburn

Default Vents thru 18" stone walls

A star drill on a hammer drill will go through a mountain. Forget the hammer drill -
just a hammer. Men have drilled deep holes for hundreds of years in this technique.

Fast - depends on the material.
Big - do a circle and sledge it out.
Martin
Martin Eastburn
NRA LOH & Endowment Member
IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member

Dave Hinz wrote:
On Tue, 02 May 2006 01:40:20 -0500, Jon Elson wrote:

18" thick??!!!!?? What? I can't believe your foundation is TRULY 18"
thick! The only structure I know of that thick is the cells at the
company in Amarillo that assembles nuclear weapons for the DOE.

18" stone foundations are unremarkable. My barn has 24" thick stone
walls.