Posted to uk.d-i-y
The Natural Philosopher

Default Dowsing

dennis@home wrote:
"T i m" wrote in message

I know what you mean .. like a preminition ..

I avoided a nasty accident the other day because I sorta *expected*
someone to do what they did (turn left across me on a roundabout after
entering from the outside lane), preminition or experience in this
case?

Someone with the makings of a good driver..
Actually expects other drivers to be idiots.

You obviously thought that this might happen, you probably do it all the
time.
However you only remember when it matters, like when it saves you.
At other times it just doesn't quite make it to the long term memory.

Not sure how you can say that with such assurance about someone else..

In one case, it was such a bizarre experience,that there is no way I
would have not remembered it irrespective of whether it had panned out
in a particular way or not.