Posted to rec.woodworking

Default OT - Extreme Makeover Home Edition?

I don't know if you think the same way I do about this reality show?

I work for an architect firm and even the best designer here will take
several days before making up his mind and finalize a project as simple
as a bathroom remodel. Now we're talking of redesigning a complete
house (and not a small one) for a client the designer(s) don't even
know in the first place. Just the construction alone of a 300K$ is
nearly impossible in a week even if you staff it with 10 000 workers.
You reach a point where the number of worker becomes a nuisance and
slows down the entire project. Plaster, paint, varnishes and all those
products need time to dry too.

I think this TV show lies to the public at least on one aspect: they
have work prepared already before showing up at the door of the lucky
family. The design and the construction dwgs are already made minus
maybe a few details, the prefab house has been ordered already and
ready to ship, etc.

What do you guys believe?

Cyberben