Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Yanik

Default A Day Without an Illegal Immigrant

Robert Gammon wrote in
. com:

Here here.. The VAST majority of immigrants, from whatever country
they come from, from whatever skin color they have, whatever cultural,
social, religious, or economic background they come from, arrive in
the USA full of HOPE, ready to Work, to send money back home to help
their families. They pay rent (maybe sharing the rent with several
others), buy food, buy clothes (maybe used clothes), buy cars, buy
gas, buy cellphones, buy telephones, buy TVs.. In 30 years some of
these become WEALTHY CITIZENS!!

Oh,so if they break the law we should just ignore that?
Sorry,no.

Do we exclude these EAGER immigrants because of a very very few rotten
apples???

Law-abiding immigrants will wait to get in legally,and we SHOULD exclude
known criminals,seriously ill,and those carrying prohibited materials.

Terrorists and criminals will get in REGARDLESS of what we
do,

OH,thus we should do nothing????

UNLESS we establish a RIGID border with massive screening of all
visitors to the USA, and massive screening of anyone who wants to
leave the USA. It will take WEEKS to get an entry visa, and weeks to
get an exit visa.

OK by me.(BTW,leaving should be no problem;getting back in would be.)

Can we spell POLICE STATE??

Hardly the same thing as a police state.It's called "Border Security",and
doesn't affect what goes on inside the country.
You are just jumping to extremes.

The cultural diversity that these new immigrants bring is enormous.

The effects of any diseases and crime they bring is enormous,too.

The additions to the gene pool also benefit us in the long term as
these new immigrants marry and have children with the existing
residents (not of their ethnic group)

In short, although there are
problems related to INTENSE immigration in some areas, the benefits to
society overall are positive.

LEGAL immigration,yes,but we are not discussing that.

ILLEGAL immigration is not positive.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik