Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Kevin

Default another vacuum pump FA

I was just gonna ask about exactly the same 'fix' - the nylon stocking over
the motor. I have a Jet 1236 and occasionally wondered about how much
thought the design engineers gave to the placement of the motor. Not being
one to be overly critical, I don't believe there would be much of problem
with damage to the motor given its location. An occasional cleaning up may
well be enough to forestall any problems.

"Maxprop" wrote in message
k.net... I doubt if it
makes much difference, but I put a nylon stocking over the end
of the motor. AND I use a 1-8 to 11/4-8 adaptor which puts the faceplate

or
chuck nicely away from the motor. But you are correct--it is poor

placement
of that motor behind the headstock.

Max