Posted to rec.woodworking
jo4hn

Default Drill chuck for Radial Arm Saw

Toller wrote:
"jo4hn" wrote in message

willshak wrote:

I have an old Craftsman 10" Radial Arm saw. I want to get a drill chuck
that will screw onto the threaded shaft that the saw blades are attached
to. I guess it is 5/8" diameter. I only want to attach router bits. Does
anyone know what chuck I should be looking for? I'm just an occasional
woodworker, so I don't need a high end chuck.
Excuse any incorrect nomenclature. I call everything "whatchamacallits"

Yup, I have one that I can probably put my hands on. If one of the
previous responders can't find theirs, let me know. Remove the "mahalo"
from my email. It's freeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

I just bought one for $5 and thought that was a great deal. But free!?!?
Of course, I haven't found a need for it yet, which might be why you are
giving it away...

The RAS was my second power tool (after an ancient scroll saw), so I
used it as a boring machine. Worked OK until I bought an actual drill
press. I would like reimbursement for shipping charges unless anybody
wants to drive up to paradise to collect it.
smile,
jo4hn