Posted to rec.woodworking
dadiOH

Default Drill chuck for Radial Arm Saw

willshak wrote:
I have an old Craftsman 10" Radial Arm saw. I want to get a drill
chuck that will screw onto the threaded shaft that the saw blades are
attached to. I guess it is 5/8" diameter. I only want to attach
router bits. Does anyone know what chuck I should be looking for?
I'm just an occasional woodworker, so I don't need a high end chuck.

You can get router collet chucks for your saw from Sears. As others said,
the saw won't rout well at all so I wouldn't bother.
http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/produ...ertical=TOOL&p
id=00903239000&tab=des#tabs

However, that shaft *is* handy for other things...sanding drums, standard
drill chuck. The shaft is 1/2" X 20 thread.

--

dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...