Posted to rec.woodworking
dadiOH

Default How to use a RAS planer head?

Toller wrote:
I just bought one at a garage sale. Oddly, it is not mentioned in the
instruction book that came with it.

All I can figure is that it goes on in place of the blade; the arbor
nut goes into the head and then the head is screwed on with the nut
in place. I haven't tried it yet, but it looks like the arbor is too
long; does it require a spacer?
Thanks.

Don't know exactly why I want it, but for $2...

You just wasted $2...

When/if you try it, take very shallow cuts no more than 1/2 the diameter of
the planer wide. Then be prepared to spend hours smoothing the *very* rough
cuts.

--

dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...