Posted to rec.woodworking
stoutman

Default My new CHERRY dining table is finished!

Sweet! The finish really brings out the figure of the cherry. I like the
clean lines, too.

Thank you!

BTW, the little "raisins" are pitch pockets.

I was dissapointed when they first started appearing during face jointing,
but now I like them. What is a pitch pocket anyway?

Also btw, since you say this is your first cherry project, don't forget
that
cherry darkens in sunlight way faster than you think it will. Since the
table is symetrical, I'd recommend turning it every few days for the first
few weeks till it darkens up a bit, and not leaving anything on it, i.e.
placemats or a centerpiece, till it's had a few months to darken up.

Nice tip! Thanks. Since we have it in front of a window, I guess it could
darken faster at one end? How often should we rotate it?

Super nice table! Congrats on a great project!

Thank you!

--
Timothy Juvenal
www.rude-tone.com/work.htm