Posted to rec.woodworking
Hambone Slim

Default My new CHERRY dining table is finished!

"stoutman" wrote...
I finally finished my new cherry dining table. Please check it out and

let
me know what you think. It is kind of mission style.

Sweet! The finish really brings out the figure of the cherry. I like the
clean lines, too.

BTW, the little "raisins" are pitch pockets.

Also btw, since you say this is your first cherry project, don't forget that
cherry darkens in sunlight way faster than you think it will. Since the
table is symetrical, I'd recommend turning it every few days for the first
few weeks till it darkens up a bit, and not leaving anything on it, i.e.
placemats or a centerpiece, till it's had a few months to darken up.

Super nice table! Congrats on a great project!

--
Timothy Juvenal
www.rude-tone.com/work.htm