Posted to uk.d-i-y
David Hansen

Default A basic lighting question

On Fri, 05 May 2006 15:08:16 +0100 someone who may be "Dave Plowman
(News)" wrote this:-

Personally, I'd force all makers of such things to fit a loop in loop
out connector system within their 'fancy' cover, since pretty well all
new homes come wired like this. Rather in the same way as all appliance
makers must fit plugs.

They would certainly complain that this made the fittings
non-standard and thus they could not use the same thing throughout
Europe.

As does the fitting of a 13 amp plug?

That involves no changes to the equipment itself, only the lead.
That even applies to power supplies, which have interchangeable
bottoms with the pins attached.

I'm not really concerned about maker's objections.

Tony would not agree with you.

I'm just the messenger.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh