Gunner

Default OUR PRIORITIES (was The Maytag Man came by today)

On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 01:37:59 GMT, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On 17 Nov 2003 06:17:19 -0800, jim rozen
brought forth from the murky depths:

In article , Larry Jaques says...

sarcasm mode on

It's a good thing our defenders of the universe are doing
the right thing and tracking the right criminals. Who cares
if our women are raped, homes are burglarized, vehicles are
carjacked, and banks robbed? Our gov't is catching the -real-
bad guys who hire low-cost workers for Wally World!

Hmm. Good point, I hadn't considered this. Yep, better
if we just give the executives at the megacorporations
the right to simply not pay any taxes at all, to hire
whoever they please and make them work in whatever conditions
they see fit. Then we'll give them carte blanche to ****
all over the environment too, after all, what's good
for business is good for the good old U S of A.

Good thing the wallmart execs have you to look after them.
I'm sure they'll return the favor.

sacrasm mode off

Uh, Jim. I wasn't standing up for Wally World. I was ranting
about our government chasing the wrong bad guys. Crikey, they
need to find at least SOME sense of what our priorities are.

new rant

If we stopped the wars against drugs and oil countries, if we
stopped the congressional looting, if we stopped funding the
innumerable pork projects, our government would have all the
money it needed to meet SS payments.

If the IRS stopped spending $10k to go after the little guy
who owed them $32.12 and started after corporations who each
owed them millions, or plugged the loopholes...

If we stopped coddling the AMA to focus on preventive medicine...

If the gov't stopped funding elections and used public pots
(donations anonymous) which were distributed evenly to each
eligible delegate...

...we all would be better off. (Ditto the entire world.)

Feel free to add to this.

/new rant

For the most part, Bravo!!
Except the SS is nothing more than a Ponzi Scheme in the first place
and should be torn down and replaced.

Gunner

"The British attitude is to treat society like a game preserve where a
certain percentage of the 'antelope' are expected to be eaten by the
"lions".
Christopher Morton