Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Leonard Caillouet

Default glass cleaner damaged my DLP 60" tv screen -- any way to fix it???

cross posting deleted

"Roy L. Fuchs" wrote in message
More appropriate would be the cleaner meant for plastic eyeglasses.

Not at what they charge for it.

Same ****, different bottle, and much lower price, essentially.

I know how to shop for chemicals, just like I know how to use the
right ones.

Home Depot has a product from GE called Cleaner for Lexan for $2.99 per
quart. I have tested it on coated lenses, lenticular screens, mylar
mirrors, fresnel lenses, and first surface mirrors and left it on in
quantities for extended periods of time repeatedly and found it to be safe
on all of them. The also sell a pack of microfiber cloths for the same
price. The combination is the best I have found for cleaning screens, etc.

You might also see if they have an attitude or asshole tester there, Roy.
Mine seems to go off when I see your posts sometimes.

Leonard