Posted to alt.machines.cnc,misc.survivalism,rec.crafts.metalworking
Cliff

Default OT - Winger with gun

On 5 May 2006 02:21:02 GMT, D Murphy wrote:

Cliff wrote in
:

Alcohol is involved in nearly 40% of highway fatalities, of which
there have
been ~ 5,645 (per http://www.alcoholalert.com/deathclock.html) thus
far this year.
Would you & others be safer if everyone drove while drunk? After
all,
so many get home safely .... and being drunk may have saved a few
lives now & then ...

But your logic would dictate that we ban the automobile.

Nobody claimed that they made you safer.

Speaking of booze... How many gun accidents and/or homicides involve
alcohol?

Neighbor a few blocks away on chemo for cancer had a bad reaction
last year. Gun collector.
His neighbors called the police over all the gunshots.

They talked him down & confiscated all of his guns -- most
of the funny things on the basement/ rec-room walls were
probably dead by then .. good thing he was not on the ground
floor or above, his wife was out & he did not look in a mirror.

I'm betting it's as high or higher than the 40% highway statistic.

Check the stats for a few dry states/countires/cities?
--
Cliff