Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
William B Noble (don't reply to this address)

Default Identifying three phase vs. single phase motor?

I have one of those compressors, I think, though the compressor and
motor are reversed on my unit - If it really is the same, mine will
put out about 20 CFM at 160 PSI sustained.

On Wed, 03 May 2006 13:02:41 -0400, Bob Engelhardt
wrote:

Ignoramus5749 wrote:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Quinc...spagenameZWDVW

5hp, *single stage". I would have thought that getting into the 5hp
size would mean 2 stage. But I suppose that for a given power, a single
stage will give more cfm at a lower pressure. I.e., a 2 stage is only
needed for higher pressures. Yes?

Bob

Bill

www.wbnoble.com

to contact me, do not reply to this message,
instead correct this address and use it

will iam_ b_ No ble at msn daught com